Friday 17 August 2012

A/W musthaves

Okay so it's still August and still summer in England, but with the arrival of the September issues I'm excited to plan my new season wardrobe, not only does it bring exciting designer collaborations MMM for H&M anyone? It also means layers, new clothes and a slightly less varied weather pattern to work with so outfit planning is easier- in theory anyway.

I decided to select my must haves/key looks for the upcoming season even if it is lovely and hot outside today.

 I have a slight addiction to printed trousers, okay so I only own two pairs but several other pairs have come into my house only to be returned for not being perfect. I love them with nude flats and loose plain t-shirts in the summer and I plan to pair them with chunky jumpers and boots come colder months. 

A good (faux) leather jacket, I have a cropped leather jacket which works well in spring and early autumn but I'm after a thicker more winter appropriate one and as a vegetarian I want a faux leather one but a non plastic looking, non studded, black one appears to be pretty hard to track down. 

Baroque prints, I hated this trend at first and I admit I still can't see the prints on dresses in bright colours working but softer prints on t-shirts will slot right in with my wardrobe- this one from ASOS is on its way to me as I type. H&M trend also has a great version in velvet if you feel a little bit more extravagant. 


Not so much an item but a look- I love layering in the winter, not only does it keep you warmer but you can also whip off a layer if it gets too hot. Blogger Man Repeller sure knows how to layer with style, so look to her if you want tips on layering without being too bulky.


What are your must-haves for the A/W season? Or can you just not let go of summer yet?

1 comment:

  1. I've not really decided what I'm loving for A/W yet...printed trousers are likely on my list though!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...