Tuesday 18 December 2012

Winter Skincare Routine

Origins Drink Up Mask
 A real treat and beauty bloggers favourite, it's easy to see why. I apply this once a week about an hour before bed otherwise my face sticks to the pillow- nice. This is an intensive overnight mask which you let sink into your skin and do it's magic, this is a cult product for me I love everything about it and it's especially nice since my skin does what it wants it winter.

L'Occitane Toner
Only just got this really but so far I am liking it, it smells really nice but whilst it's a spitz toner its really wet so I tend to spray on cotton wool pads then dab on my face otherwise you have to dry your face before applying moisturiser and thus remove most of the product.I'm yet to see any real benefits yet but I've always felt that way with toners so we'll see how I feel once this is used up.



Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish- Special Edition
I use Liz Earle all year round, I got this Special Edition version with my birthday money in September and I love it. it's perfect for cold winter night cleansing. Sadly I'm running low now and it appears to be sold out everywhere. I either use the regular Liz Earle in the morning or a water cleanser as my skin doesn't really like being cleansed twice a day.

Steam Cream
 A new favourite for me, I've been searching for a moisturiser which ticks all the boxes and atm this one is but I've only been using it about two weeks so we'll have to wait and see what happens after a month. It makes my skin lovely and soft but not too tacky and I can start applying makeup within minutes.


Origins Eye Cream
I've not used a huge amount of eye creams but this is my favourite, so I've been using this for about a year now. I'm coming to the end of my pot now so will have to use up a couple I have hanging around before buying a new one.
I love how cooling this cream is on the eyes and it's very slightly reflective so helps to brighten up my awful under eye circles. It's really light and easy to massage into the skin, which means less touching of the area.

Simple Night Cream
I'll be the first to admit I'm a product snob, I like higher end products but I simply love this, I like it almost as much as I like the Clarins Overnight cream but it's like £30 cheaper. I'm not sure if it would really work on older skin but I always wake up with soft skin that feels fresh and replenished.It's not as thick as other night creams I've tried but as I use a treatment mask once a week I don't I need it to be that thick.


Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant
I got a little sample of this way back in February when I went to IMATS and fell in love with it as did my mother but at around £40 we wrote it off as a nice treat we'd never own but then one weekend my mum came home from Harrods with a bottle for us to share. I use this once a week as I have sensitive skin and also to save product. It really gets off any dry skin without being too harsh or getting all over my face. 
I love this because you mix up the paste yourself meaning it can be as harsh or as gentle as you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...